File your Provisional Patent!
File a Provisional Patent Application online with our complete document preparation and filing services. Simply give us the details. We’ll do the rest.
How does it work?
- You complete a brief online questionnaire.
- LegalZoom prepares your application and files it with the U.S. Patent Office.
- You receive a confirmation number from the U.S. Patent Office.
Provisional Patent Package
Provisional Patent Application
What is a Provisional Patent Application? A Provisional Patent Application establishes your priority with a "date of invention." Simply put, it tells the world "This is my invention." It's important to file a Provisional Patent Application because in Patent Law, it's not the person who came up with the idea first -it's the person who start the action and files the patent application first.
A provisional patent application is much faster and easier to file than a standard patent application. A standard patent application can take several months to prepare, and it can cost thousands of dollars. With a provisional patent application, you have 12 months to file your full patent application, and can legally announce to the world your "patent pending."
Your Patent Order Comes with:
- Electronic filing with the U.S. Patent Office
- Review of the answers you provide for consistency and completeness
- Dedicated customer support
- Form of Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement for your use
Questions? Call (888) 791-0227 (M-F, 8:00am-6:00pm PST) or click "Get Started" today!
Provisional Patent Application Pricing
Provisional Application for Patent
Government Filing Fee $110
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed
Over 1 millon satisfied cutomers
Rated "A+" by Better Business Bureau
100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
Filling out the Questionnaire is free. There is no time limit. At the end, you may decide whether or not to purchase.